Se habla Español(786) 294-0710
As we age, fine lines and wrinkles appear and skin loses elasticity. The fight against an aging appearance is, literally, an age-old struggle. Luckily, modern medicine provides many options to combat wrinkles and to restore and maintain a youthful appearance. One safe and effective option to prevent and reduce wrinkles is botox injections. Aging can often catch you by surprise, but fortunately you aren’t powerless! Reduce the signs of aging with Botox injections from certified medical professionals at Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa. Read on to learn more about Botox injections, how Botox works, and why it’s an extremely safe and effective anti-aging treatment.
What Is Botox?
Botox is so common these days that the word itself conjures thoughts of wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. If you’ve considered Botox to prevent or reduce signs of aging, you’re far from alone- over seven million Americans have received Botox injections for cosmetic needs in the last year. Botox is also prescribed medically as a way to restrict muscle movement in targeted areas and treat certain types of pain. Botox consists of a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum, a type of botulism toxin, that is harvested from natural environmental sources such as forests and lakes. The bacteria in its natural setting is totally harmless to humans since it has such a low spore count. When concentrated in more substantial quantities, Clostridium botulinum produces a neurotoxin known as botulinum, which is what paralyzes muscles and is injected by medical professionals for this purpose.
What You Should Know About Botox
- Botox injections should only be done by trained professionals such as certified nurses, doctors, and aestheticians.
- A Botox injection is a minimally invasive, extremely safe procedure
- Botox ranks high as one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the United States!
- Botox is used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by paralyzing underlying facial muscles, rending the area of the face incapable of producing wrinkles
- Botox can be used to treat a range of medical conditions, including migraines and jaw clenching
- Other botulin-containing products used to treat aging and medical conditions include Xeomin, Dysport, and Myobloc
- Botox may be used for pain management purposes
How Safe Is Botox?
Botox has been approved as safe and effective by the FDA since 1991, and as long as you’re receiving authentic Botox injections from a trained professional the risks are minimal. Botox is a temporary treatment; your body metabolizes the medications after a few months and the results fade (the amount of time results last depends on your specific body chemistry, but typically last around 3-6 months). Getting a Botox injection only takes a few minutes, and while there is a pinch during the injection, the pain quickly fades and there is minimal downtime. The lack of recovery time and speed you see results is another reason why many people choose Botox injections. We often have patients come in during their lunch hour and leave in 15 minutes looking more youthful!
Contact Us Today
If you’re looking for a safe, effective way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, Botox injections may be a treatment to consider. Call Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa to schedule an appointment with a trained professional today!