Se habla Español(786) 294-0710
How Chiropractic Care Can Help After A Whiplash Injury
Thousands of Americans suffer from whiplash injuries every single year. Although often minor, many whiplash injuries do unfortunately lead to chronic pain that requires medication and reduces quality of life. Some common problems associated with whiplash include:
- Sporadic muscle pulls and spasms
- Restriction in neck movement
- Constant throbbing along with stiffness
- Physical numbness
- Irregular sleeping patterns accompanied by exhaustion
- Reduced, blurry eyesight
How A Chiropractor Diagnoses Whiplash Injuries
When diagnosing a whiplash injury, your chiropractor will analyze the entire spine even if you only complain of acute neck pain after a blunt force trauma. This is due to the fact that other regions of the spine may be impacted in a whiplash injury. The chiropractor will pinpoint areas of intervertebral disc injury, restricted joint motion, ligament injury, and muscle spasm. They may also employ a technique known as motion-and-static palpation, which uses touch to feel for tightness, tenderness, and the way your spinal joints move. In addition to observing your posture and movements and feeling for joint/muscle function, they may also order an X-ray or MRI of your spine to look for pre-existing degenerative changes, which they also take into consideration when coming up with the best course of treatment.
Treating Whiplash With Chiropractic Care
The severity of each individual case will dictate the course of treatment. Chiropractors commonly use spinal manipulation to treat whiplash. Here are some common spinal manipulation techniques used to treat whiplash:
- Instrument-assisted manipulation: This is a non-thrusting technique that uses a specialized hand-held instrument to apply force to the spine. This can be helpful for older patients with a degenerative joint syndrome.
- Flexion-distraction technique: This is another gentle, non-thrusting kind of spinal manipulation to assist with treating herniated discs with or without accompanying arm pain. As your whiplash injury potentially may have aggravated a herniated or bulging disc, the chiropractor will employ a slow pumping action on the disc rather than direct force to the spine.
- Specific spinal manipulation: After identifying restricted spinal joints that display abnormal motion (known as subluxations), the chiropractor helps to restore motion to the joint through a gentle thrusting technique that stimulates the nervous system and stretches soft tissue.
Along with spinal manipulation, the chiropractor may also employ manual therapy for treating ligaments and muscles. Some common types of manual therapies used by chiropractors include:
- Manual joint stretching and resistance techniques like muscle energy therapy
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy such as the Graston technique, applying gentle repeated strokes with an instrument over the injured area
- Trigger point therapy, where a chiropractor pinpoints specific hypertonic (tight) points of a muscle and applies direct pressure on these points to ease muscle tension
- Therapeutic massage to ease muscle tension in the neck
Some other therapies your chiropractor may use to reduce neck inflammation include ultrasound and interferential electrical stimulation.
Contact Us Today
Chiropractic techniques can effectively diagnose and treat whiplash without the need of pharmaceuticals or invasive treatment. Prevention is ultimately the key to long-term recovery and good health, and along with the techniques listed above, your chiropractor may also prescribe therapeutic exercises to do on your own at home. Call Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa to schedule an appointment for your whiplash injury today!
Holiday Gifts From Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa!
It’s that time of the year again- bells are ringing, carolers are singing, lights are shining, and everybody is trying to look and feel their best as they congregate with their loved ones. As you’re planning presents for the people most special to you in your life, you want to truly give them a unique and enjoyable experience that will make them understand how special they are to you. A pampering experience is one of the best gifts you can get for somebody, especially during the holiday season, where everybody is busy running around and it’s difficult to find time for themselves. Everybody wants to look and feel their best, and wanting to be pampered is universal, making an aesthetic or chiropractic treatment from Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa the perfect gift for any gender or age. Wellness and beauty treatments can help those close to you feel and look better so that they feel gorgeous, healthy, and happy, from the inside out.
Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa offers a range of state-of-the-art health, wellness, and aesthetic services that you can enjoy yourself or give to those you love. From Botox and IV Therapy to chiropractic care for pain relief, we provide comprehensive services for you to treat yourself, a friend, partner, or relative this holiday season!
Enjoy Our Services This Holiday Season
When you treat yourself or somebody else to any of our services, you are guaranteed a relaxing and amazing experience. We offer holiday packages so that you can give the gift of comprehensive high-quality chiropractic and aesthetic services, or just enjoy them all yourself! All of our chiropractors, wellness professionals, and aestheticians are certified and licensed in their field, and are licensed and trained in the procedures that they provide. Our staff is friendly, helpful, and will do their very best to make sure you have a fantastic experience.
Services To Treat Yourself Or Your Loved Ones
Here are some of our services to check out!
- IV Therapy: As we enter cold and flu season, keeping a healthy immune system is more important than ever, as it is your first line of defense against disease. IV Vitamin Therapy replenishes essential vitamins through intravenous administration, a form of administration that allows vitamins to be absorbed at a significantly higher percentage since nutrients are directly absorbed into the bloodstream. Benefits of IV Vitamin therapy include improved cognitive function and mental clarity, detoxification, higher energy levels, healthier skin, and an immune system boost.
- Infrared Sauna: Infrared Sauna therapy is another great way to help your body function its best. It works through lowering our toxic burden while increasing nutritional absorption, aiding in the body’s natural healing process. Pharmaceuticals only address symptoms of many chronic conditions that plague people all around the U.S. Sometimes, the body only needs a little bit of holistic help to balance itself out so it can detoxify and health through its natural processes. Infrared Sauna therapy helps with:
- Improved cardiovascular
- Stress and Pain Relief
- Immune System
- Weight Control
- Chiropractic Care: Quality chiropractic care can help people of all age groups and health conditions. Whether you’ve been recently injured in an accident, suffering from an old sports injury, or are the victim of debilitating chronic pain, chiropractic care may help ease your pain and help to correct your condition. Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa offers a full range of chiropractic services such as spinal manipulation therapy to alleviate pain and optimize function and natural healing processes by re-aligning the body.
- UltraSlim: UltraSlim is the only medical device the FDA has cleared for non-invasive fat reduction, facelift, and skin rejuvenation. Lose fat and look your best, or help your loved ones regain their confidence! Try a completely safe, effective fat-loss procedure as we go into the new year that requires zero downtime, dieting, or exercise.
- Botox: Botox injections are a safe, proven, and affordable way to fight fine lines and wrinkles. Botox can help fight signs of natural aging as well as decrease the appearance of lines from prolonged sun damage. At our med spa, all Botox injections are administered by medical experts who are trained to produce natural looking results.
Contact Us Today
Give your loved ones the experience of looking and feeling their best, or treat yourself to a shared experience this holiday season with quality wellness and aesthetic services from Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa in Miami. Call today to schedule an appointment and pamper yourself and your loved ones!
How Do Botox Injections Work?
Botox injections are used primarily to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles, as well as to treat conditions like excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), neck spasms and certain muscle twitches, an overactive bladder, and lazy eye. They may also be used to assist in the prevention of chronic migraines. A strain of the botulinum toxin is injected into the muscle to temporarily “freeze” a muscle, and prevents it from moving. While Botox is the best-known name for botulinum toxin injections, other products now include rimabotulinumtoxinB (Myobloc), abobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport), and incobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin). Each is slightly different, especially when it comes to the dosage units, which is why they’re not interchangeable.
What To Expect When You Go In For Botox
Botox isn’t typically an extremely painful procedure, although many people get their skin numbed beforehand (especially if you’re getting Botox to treat your soles or palmsfor excessive sweating). Your doctor may utilize one or more of different types of methods available to numb the area, including ice and vibration anesthesia, or topical anesthesia, to ease the discomfort.
Botox injections should be performed by a licensed medical provider such as a doctor or RN. The licensed medical provider will use a thin needle to inject minute amounts of botulinum toxin into your muscles or skin, with the number of injections depending on various factors such as the extent of the area being treated. After the procedure, try not to rub or massage the areas of injection for 24 hours in order to prevent the toxin from spreading to an area other than the desired area. There is no downtime and you can resume normal activities after the procedure. Botox injections typically begin having noticeable effects 1-3 days following treatment. Depending on the issue and area being treated, the effects may last three months or longer. Regular follow-up injections are necessary to maintain the effects.
Who Might Consider Botox?
Since Botox is usually a purely cosmetic procedure, if and when somebody decides they “need” it is a completely personal decision. Certain people may not be as bothered by fine lines and wrinkles, but for those that are, it is recommended to begin treatments when they first start seeing lines develop, or when the wrinkles linger even after they stop moving. Preventative Botox is getting increasingly popular due to its preventive effect on dynamic wrinkles, which result from underlying muscle movement. However, remember that muscle movement is only one component of wrinkle development; other components include smoking, diet, and sun exposure. To tackle fine wrinkles or lines between the brows, around the eyes, or on the forehead, Botox can be a good choice. The best way to decide whether or not Botox is the right choice for you is to consult with a licensed medical provider of Botox.
Contact Us Today
Botox can be an effective, low-risk way to combat and prevent fine lines and wrinkles with virtually no downtime. Many people start getting Botox in their 20s, before wrinkles and lines set in, to prevent the onset of signs of aging further down the line. Call Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa to learn more about Botox today.
5 Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor After An Auto Accident
Even minor auto accidents can significantly impact your spine and body, which is why chiropractic treatment is highly recommended following a car accident due to the fact that it may assist with re-aligning the spine properly. Whiplash and other injuries are common after car accidents, and spinal realignment can aid immensely in recovery. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident and experience discomfort due to your injuries, then it could be extremely beneficial to you to receive care from an experienced chiropractor. Read on to learn more about the benefits of visiting a chiropractor after a car accident, and why you should go to a chiropractor to treat your injuries if you were involved in an auto accident.
How Post-Accident Chiropractic Care Can Benefit You
- Reduce pain and discomfort: Chiropractic care following a car accident can help to potentially reduce pain throughout your entire body. When a chiropractor expertly performs spinal manipulations, it naturally helps to release pain-relieving hormones in the body. In a study conducted by the University of Spain, levels of oxytocin, neurotensin, and cortisol all went up in test subjects following spinal manipulation.
- Minimizing Inflammation: Inflammation is your body’s natural reaction to physical injury. Although a certain amount of inflammation is normal and part of your body’s natural efforts to heal itself, too much inflammation may be harmful to your tissues and result in prolonged discomfort. When a chiropractor realigns your spinal cord through manipulating your spine, your body may cut back on its inflammatory cytokine production, reducing your body’s inflammatory response and ultimately reducing potential prolonged pain. Inflammatory back pain shows up in distinct ways from mechanical back pain. Some symptoms of excessive spinal inflammation include pain and stiffness and increases following periods of inactivity. If inflammation is behind your back pain, the pain should be the first thing you feel when you get up in the morning.
- Restoring range of motion: Your neck or back can lose flexibility after being injured in a car accident. This loss of flexibility may be the result of misalignment of the joints in the spine, inflammation, and/or development of scar tissue. A chiropractic adjustment can mobilize your spine and return joints to proper alignment, thus restoring the range of motion.
- Minimizing scar tissue: Scar tissue commonly develops after a car accident injury, even if it’s not plain to the naked eye. When muscles or tendons go through damage, the body tries to heal them by forming scar tissue from collagen deposits. Scar tissue in the joints, unfortunately, can result in stiffness and recurring pain. While the tissue in many cases may heal on its own, a chiropractor can use specific techniques to reduce the discomfort by breaking up the scar tissue to promote healing in the area.
- Non-invasive treatment: Surgery is highly invasive and requires downtime, and medications run the risk of reliance. Chiropractic treatments are completely natural and non-invasive, and help to align your spine and optimize body function following an accident without medications or surgical procedures.
Contact Us Today
Chiropractic care can help heal your body after an auto accident without medications or invasive procedures. Call Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa to schedule an appointment with an experienced chiropractic practitioner today!
Is Botox Safe?
As we age, fine lines and wrinkles appear and skin loses elasticity. The fight against an aging appearance is, literally, an age-old struggle. Luckily, modern medicine provides many options to combat wrinkles and to restore and maintain a youthful appearance. One safe and effective option to prevent and reduce wrinkles is botox injections. Aging can often catch you by surprise, but fortunately you aren’t powerless! Reduce the signs of aging with Botox injections from certified medical professionals at Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa. Read on to learn more about Botox injections, how Botox works, and why it’s an extremely safe and effective anti-aging treatment.
What Is Botox?
Botox is so common these days that the word itself conjures thoughts of wrinkles, frown lines, and crow’s feet. If you’ve considered Botox to prevent or reduce signs of aging, you’re far from alone- over seven million Americans have received Botox injections for cosmetic needs in the last year. Botox is also prescribed medically as a way to restrict muscle movement in targeted areas and treat certain types of pain. Botox consists of a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum, a type of botulism toxin, that is harvested from natural environmental sources such as forests and lakes. The bacteria in its natural setting is totally harmless to humans since it has such a low spore count. When concentrated in more substantial quantities, Clostridium botulinum produces a neurotoxin known as botulinum, which is what paralyzes muscles and is injected by medical professionals for this purpose.
What You Should Know About Botox
- Botox injections should only be done by trained professionals such as certified nurses, doctors, and aestheticians.
- A Botox injection is a minimally invasive, extremely safe procedure
- Botox ranks high as one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the United States!
- Botox is used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by paralyzing underlying facial muscles, rending the area of the face incapable of producing wrinkles
- Botox can be used to treat a range of medical conditions, including migraines and jaw clenching
- Other botulin-containing products used to treat aging and medical conditions include Xeomin, Dysport, and Myobloc
- Botox may be used for pain management purposes
How Safe Is Botox?
Botox has been approved as safe and effective by the FDA since 1991, and as long as you’re receiving authentic Botox injections from a trained professional the risks are minimal. Botox is a temporary treatment; your body metabolizes the medications after a few months and the results fade (the amount of time results last depends on your specific body chemistry, but typically last around 3-6 months). Getting a Botox injection only takes a few minutes, and while there is a pinch during the injection, the pain quickly fades and there is minimal downtime. The lack of recovery time and speed you see results is another reason why many people choose Botox injections. We often have patients come in during their lunch hour and leave in 15 minutes looking more youthful!
Contact Us Today
If you’re looking for a safe, effective way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, Botox injections may be a treatment to consider. Call Jimenez Chiropractic-Med Spa to schedule an appointment with a trained professional today!