Se habla Español(786) 294-0710
If you have recently been injured in an accident or suffer from chronic and debilitating pain, you may benefit from chiropractic treatment at Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa. Our chiropractic services, including spinal manipulation therapy, may help relieve pain and improve function by aligning the body and aiding in its ability to self-heal.
Spinal manipulation therapy is commonly used by chiropractors, physical therapists, and other practitioners to treat mild-to-moderate lower back pain. This therapy combines applying a controlled force to joints with massages and physical therapy to help reduce inflammation, improve nerve function, and relieve pressure on joints. It’s commonly used to help treat pain in the back, neck, and shoulders, as well as headaches and other conditions.
Depending on your situation, your chiropractic care provider may use one of three different treatment methods:
- Manual Joint Manipulation: Your chiropractor will use his or her hands to stimulate or shift movement into a joint that lacks normal range of motion. This helps loosen joints and tight muscles, with the goal of relieving nerve pain, reducing muscle spasms, and improving spinal function.
- Flexion-Distraction Manipulation: Your chiropractor may use a combination of movement and a special hydraulic mechanism to apply a distractive force, which may cause pain relief by stretching the joints.
- Low-Force Manipulation: This is the least intense treatment and is commonly used in young children, the elderly, and those in poor health. Your chiropractor will manipulate joints with minimal pressure, with the goal of providing pain relief and increased mobility within minutes of treatment.
Dr. Jimenez is a certified chiropractic sports physician. Sports Medicine Physicians have received additional training in the non-musculoskeletal aspects of sports medicine. Common examples of these include:
- Management of Concussion (mild traumatic brain injury) and other head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute injuries
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids, and performance issues
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- “Return to play” decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Recommendations on safe strength training and conditioning exercises
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa provides chiropractic services and treatments intended to relieve chronic and acute back pain in patients. If you suffer from pain, you may benefit from spinal manipulation therapy or another procedure. Contact us with questions or call (786) 294-0710 to schedule an appointment.