Se habla Español(786) 294-0710
5 Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor After An Auto Accident
Even minor auto accidents can significantly impact your spine and body, which is why chiropractic treatment is highly recommended following a car accident due to the fact that it may assist with re-aligning the spine properly. Whiplash and other injuries are common after car accidents, and spinal realignment can aid immensely in recovery. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident and experience discomfort due to your injuries, then it could be extremely beneficial to you to receive care from an experienced chiropractor. Read on to learn more about the benefits of visiting a chiropractor after a car accident, and why you should go to a chiropractor to treat your injuries if you were involved in an auto accident.
How Post-Accident Chiropractic Care Can Benefit You
- Reduce pain and discomfort: Chiropractic care following a car accident can help to potentially reduce pain throughout your entire body. When a chiropractor expertly performs spinal manipulations, it naturally helps to release pain-relieving hormones in the body. In a study conducted by the University of Spain, levels of oxytocin, neurotensin, and cortisol all went up in test subjects following spinal manipulation.
- Minimizing Inflammation: Inflammation is your body’s natural reaction to physical injury. Although a certain amount of inflammation is normal and part of your body’s natural efforts to heal itself, too much inflammation may be harmful to your tissues and result in prolonged discomfort. When a chiropractor realigns your spinal cord through manipulating your spine, your body may cut back on its inflammatory cytokine production, reducing your body’s inflammatory response and ultimately reducing potential prolonged pain. Inflammatory back pain shows up in distinct ways from mechanical back pain. Some symptoms of excessive spinal inflammation include pain and stiffness and increases following periods of inactivity. If inflammation is behind your back pain, the pain should be the first thing you feel when you get up in the morning.
- Restoring range of motion: Your neck or back can lose flexibility after being injured in a car accident. This loss of flexibility may be the result of misalignment of the joints in the spine, inflammation, and/or development of scar tissue. A chiropractic adjustment can mobilize your spine and return joints to proper alignment, thus restoring the range of motion.
- Minimizing scar tissue: Scar tissue commonly develops after a car accident injury, even if it’s not plain to the naked eye. When muscles or tendons go through damage, the body tries to heal them by forming scar tissue from collagen deposits. Scar tissue in the joints, unfortunately, can result in stiffness and recurring pain. While the tissue in many cases may heal on its own, a chiropractor can use specific techniques to reduce the discomfort by breaking up the scar tissue to promote healing in the area.
- Non-invasive treatment: Surgery is highly invasive and requires downtime, and medications run the risk of reliance. Chiropractic treatments are completely natural and non-invasive, and help to align your spine and optimize body function following an accident without medications or surgical procedures.
Contact Us Today
Chiropractic care can help heal your body after an auto accident without medications or invasive procedures. Call Jimenez Chiropractic Med-Spa to schedule an appointment with an experienced chiropractic practitioner today!